Monday 23 April 2018

Revealed: Why Roman Abramovich has delayed sacking Chelsea coach Antonio Conte.

It’s the worst kept secret in football – Antonio Conte is set to get the boot from Chelsea this summer.

The writing has been on the wall for months for the Italian following a disappointing defence of the club’s Premier League title.

Ruthless owner Roman Abramovich does not stand for results like the ones which have plagued Conte’s second campaign at the Stamford Bridge helm.

Chelsea are facing an uphill task to qualify for the Champions League by making the top four to leave the 48-year-old on the brink of the sack.

“Honestly. I think that I’m giving – the players are giving – everything this season,” Conte said earlier this month.

“We are working very hard to try to have a good season, but I think that, in the end, we are deserving this season. It means that our value is this.

“You have to ask the club, not me. I repeat: my task is to work, to work and I know I work 24 hours for Chelsea. Me and my staff. This is our task. Then the club has to take the decision. But, I repeat, I’m not worried about this.”




By Matt Lewis.

Full story at Yahoo News.

No comments:

Post a Comment