Monday 2 March 2015

Boxing - Tyson Fury calls out Klitschko after beating Christian Hammer.

Tyson Fury is “ready” to fight Wladimir Klitschko after retaining his European heavyweight title with a technical knockout of Christian Hammer on Saturday night.

Fury produced a dominant performance at the O2 Arena in London, with Hammer’s corner throwing in the towel after the eighth round.

Fury, who has now won all 24 of his fights, 18 by KO, put Hammer down in the fifth round and did not relent in his onslaught.

Of WBO champion Klitschko, to whom he is the mandatory challenger, Fury said: "I'm ready for him.

"I'm a much improved fighter and that's why I'm ready for Klitschko next."

On the undercard, Chris Eubank Jr claimed the WBA interim middleweight title after battering Dmitry Chudinov to extend his record to 19-1.

Eubank Jr suffered his only career defeat to Billy Joe Saunders in November and called out his rival after getting back to winning ways.

“Hats off to Chudinov, he has an incredible chin,” said Eubank. “I’m back, and wherever you are Billy Joe Saunders, I’m coming for you.

“I want the rematch. I know what he’s about now, the British public knows what I can do, and they want the fight.”


By Tom Adams.
Culled from Yahoo News.

No comments:

Post a Comment